We are currently seeking to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer who will become part of our product development team, this is a full-time position with an excellent remuneration package.
The successful candidate will develop new product ideas and improvements through concept and prototype stages to final production stages. This is a design led role which requires an understanding of mechanical engineering and associated production processes. A background in agriculture whilst not essential would be preferred.
Location: Bagenalstown, Carlow
Category: Engineering & Electronics, Sales, Supply Chain, Transport, Warehousing & Automotive
- Develop new product concepts and designs based on design briefs to improve current designs and design for manufacture.
- Design of fixtures required at all stages of manufacture.
- Liaise with purchasing department and suppliers in the early stages of development to optimise manufacturing efficiency, quality and costs of components.
- Work with in house development team to ensure new projects are delivered in a timely manner.
- Adhere ISO 9001:2015 best practices to improve quality, reliability and performance of machines.
- Field testing and reporting on prototype machines.
- Review and recommend improvements to existing products.
- Provide technical assistance to customer support engineers.
- Provide production support when necessary.
Benefits & Experience Required
- This is a brilliant and supportive environment.
- Training provided, but experience is required.
- Travel may be required.
- Working closely with the Head of Department, lots of access to central point of the business.
- Competitive base salary
- Experience required: 3+ years in a professional environment.
- To be qualified for this role, you should hold a degree in a relevant field of Mechanical Engineering. A background in agriculture whilst not essential would be preferred. An understanding of mechanical engineering and associated production processes is essential.
Interested candidates should submit their CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org